Get Involved! Volunteer!
Fredericksburg All Ages (FAA) is a youth-led organization where youth constituents decide what gets done and how it gets done. This doesn’t mean that there’s be no adult involvement or role. Rather, FAA is an organization where adults have a role in supporting youth in gaining the skills, information and capacity to make decisions about the organizations in which they find themselves. Adults play the roles of coach, trainer, and advisor to young people who are the decision makers.
Youth are involved at all levels of FAA’s activities and operations, including:
- Volunteering at concerts – i.e., taking money at the door, selling concessions, meeting and greeting the bands, setup and cleanup of the venue, and helping run sound and lights.
- Promoting FAA events – young people are involved with every aspect of promotion – spreading the word online, hanging posters up around town, designing and distributing flyers and handbills.
- Serving on the Youth Advisory Council (YAC) – the YAC reviews all music submissions and helps determine which bands are invited to play FAA. They also help brainstorm new programming and fundraising ideas for FAA and come up with ways to implement them.
- Serving on FAA’s Board of Directors – Three positions on the Board of Directors are reserved for people under 21. This gives youth a voice in all of the important financial decisions and long-term plans of FAA.
Interested in volunteering? This is how it works:
- If you’ve never volunteered before, fill out this form: Fredericksburg All Ages Volunteer Form
- After volunteering for a couple shows and getting to know the other volunteers and FAA leadership, you can request to join the FAA Youth Advisory Council. There is a maximum amount of youth who can serve on the advisory council (15), so, if the council is full, you’ll be put on a waiting list.
- FAA volunteers who have shown exceptional leadership and commitment over an extended period of time may be asked to serve on the FAA Board of Directors.